Are you hosting a party this year?
Perhaps you could ask your guests to bring donations to SOS Children's Villages rather gifts for the hosts. A party is a great way to raise funds for SOS as well as providing a chance for you to demonstrate to your friends that making a difference to orphaned children is important to you.
Perhaps you aren't hosting a party but are attending one - you could still suggest that the host honour the season of giving by making his or her party in support of SOS Children's Villages.
These are two easy ways to generate support for SOS Children's Villages and share your insight into the value of the work we do with your friends.
We all know that all donations go a long way to supporting children around the world.
Other Event Suggestions;
- Host a dinner party at your house in honour of SOS Children's Villages. As part of the entertainment show a video about our villages (we can provide you with a video).
- Have a plant sale. Do you have a beautiful garden that you would like to share with your family, friends and neighbours? Hold an annual plant sale and donate the proceeds to SOS Children's Villages.
- Organize an SOS Day at your place of work. Have a dress down day, and show SOS videos.
- Have your friends sponsor you to break a habit, or achieve a set goal, and donate the proceeds.
- Bake Sale
- Car Wash
- Silent Auction
- Personal Service Auction
- Golf Tournament
- Dances Battle of the Bands
- Spare Change Day
- Potluck lunch or dinner parties
- Theme or costume parties
- Baseball/basketball/soccer tournaments
- In Honour...birthdays, weddings, anniversaries
- Team competitions - Olympics
Things to consider when hosting an event;
- Do you require insurance?
- Do you require a permit?
- Do you require a licence? (liquor, raffle)
- What are the costs of the event? (venue, food, entertainment?)
- Can you get sponsors to cover the costs of the event?
- How will you collect the funds raised?
Start a CommitteeMaybe you need some help in organizing your event, perhaps you want to do more than just put on an SOS event, or maybe you want to do some additional work in the community?
Consider organizing an SOS Committee. The Committee could be responsible for organizing several events each year, plus doing some work in the community such as giving presentations at schools, service clubs etc.
If you are thinking about organizing a committee please contact us via the volunteer form.