Moms Making it Happen in Ottawa
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Congratulations to some local moms who helped raise money and awareness for SOS Children’s Villages.
Leslie Norkum, Marriam Kinny, Julie Harrison and Jacqueline Davis got together and organized a Mom’s Making It Happen Charity Brunch and Silent Auction.
The sold-out event that was held at Stonebridge Golf Club on Sunday, October 22nd was a huge success raising $4,482.00 for the new SOS Children’s Village in Rustenburg, South Africa.
Special thanks to Emcee Carol Ann Meehan of CTV Ottawa and everyone who attended the event.
Moms Making it Happen: an inspiring morning and help in making it happen for those in need. This event included:
- delicious brunch buffet
- inspiring guest speaker Margo Purcell of Open to Possibilities in Calgary
- a personal recounting of a visit to SOS Children's villages in South Africa
- a chance to bid on gorgeous silent auction items which include spa visits, hand-crafted stain glass and
- much more time to mingle with friends and make new ones
Moms Making it Happen would like to thank The generous sponsors for donating to our Silent Auction:
- Gift Certificate to The Spa Gift
- Certificate to St. James Cafe in Carleton Place
- 2 Twin sized hand made quilts - perfect for cold winter nights!
- Imported items from Bali - Hand made stained glass
- Creative Memories scrapbooking package
- Hand made jewlery Discovery Toys
- Third World Bazaar
- Stonebridge Golf and Country Club
- Montgomery Home Services
- Caffeine Communications
- Open to Possibilities And many more!!!