Congratulations to some local moms who helped raise money and awareness for SOS Children’s Villages.
Leslie Norkum, Marriam Kinny, Julie Harrison and Jacqueline Davis got together and organized a Mom’s Making It Happen Charity Brunch and Silent Auction.
The sold-out event that was held at Stonebridge Golf Club on Sunday, October 22nd was a huge success raising $4,482.00 for the new SOS Children’s Village in Rustenburg, South Africa.
Special thanks to Emcee Carol Ann Meehan of CTV Ottawa and everyone who attended the event.
Moms Making it Happen: an inspiring morning and help in making it happen for those in need. This event included:
- delicious brunch buffet
- inspiring guest speaker Margo Purcell of Open to Possibilities in Calgary
- a personal recounting of a visit to SOS Children's villages in South Africa
- a chance to bid on gorgeous silent auction items which include spa visits, hand-crafted stain glass and
- much more time to mingle with friends and make new ones
Moms Making it Happen would like to thank The generous sponsors for donating to our Silent Auction:
- Gift Certificate to The Spa Gift
- Certificate to St. James Cafe in Carleton Place
- 2 Twin sized hand made quilts - perfect for cold winter nights!
- Imported items from Bali - Hand made stained glass
- Creative Memories scrapbooking package
- Hand made jewlery Discovery Toys
- Third World Bazaar
- Stonebridge Golf and Country Club
- Montgomery Home Services
- Caffeine Communications
- Open to Possibilities And many more!!!